An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks by circulating hot air inside the basket. Clean air fryer basket means fresh food. Tried our air fryer recipes, now you want to know how to deep clean your air fryer basket? No Problem. We will guide you on how to deep clean the basket properly. It is easier than you think.
We know that fry food is not healthy until we met air fryer. Processing food using it is not only healthier but also easiest. It uses very little oil to fry. The food is lower in fat and lowers in calories because Because of the less oil. Since there is less oil, it means it is easier to clean an air fryer than a deep fryer in your kitchen.
We are here to guide you to make your cleaning process quick and easy.
Air fryer cleaning hacks
It is easy to clean it then you think. Before you clean any part of an air fryer, turn off the air fryer and unplug it. Let the fryer cool down if you have just used it. Do not clean it immediately after use.
Cleaning an air fryer basket
Just like any other dish or plate, you can wash the pan, tray, and basket of your fryer. Use a little soap and warm water to clean the basket and tray. You can also use your dishwasher to clean them, but make sure to check the instruction manual of it first. If the basket or pan has baked-on grease, no worries. Let the basket soak it in soap water for 25 to 30 minutes. Now use a scrub brush to remove all the grease and gunk. After cleaning them with soap water, put them in a place to dry all the parts before you reassemble them.
Interior clean up
Clean the interior of a fryer is easy. Remove any the basket, tray or pan in it. Now clean the interior part of it with a sponge or damp cloth. Put a little bit of dish soap over the interior and use the sponge to clean. Then use the damp cloth or even tissue paper to wipe it dry.
How often to wash fryer?
Since it needs very little oil to process food, there’s also little greasy residue. It is ok to clean outside of it after a few uses. It does not have to be so frequent. Just use a piece of cloth or tissue paper to wipe down the outside. Sometimes there can be oil or residue on the heating coil, so use your damp cloth to wipe the coil and clean it. But make sure it is unplugged and it is not hot, just like you would do with any heating element on an electric stove.
Deep Cleaning Tips
- The best way to keep your fryer clean and Oder free are to clean your fryer every time you use it.
- When you are cleaning your fryer, make sure you are not using any metal utensils, steel wool, or scrubby sponges. Most air deep fryers are nonstick. If you use them, chances are you will harm your precious fryer and anything abrasive can scratch the coating.
- Make sure not to submerge your fryer in the water!
- If you feel a foul odor coming from your fryer. It is because there are food particles trapped somewhere in it. To get rid of dried food residue you have to make a paste of baking soda and water and scrub your fryer with a soft brush on those parts. After that wipe it clean with a damp cloth.
- If you still think your fryer smells stinky. Cut a lemon into half and put it in the basket of your fryer and put some lemon juice in the pan for 30 to 35 minutes. After that clean, rinse, and dry the basket and pan.
- You can grease your basket to avoid getting too gunky or put a piece of aluminum foil at the bottom of your basket. But do not cover the entire basket, otherwise, it will prevent circulating hot air.
Hope this will help!
Looking for the best air fryer? Check it here.
Check out this Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries Recipe!